Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Laundry...my nemesis

Laundry is my nemesis. It is the antagonizer (is that even a word?) that never goes away. It is always there, lurking behind closed doors and in closets.

I have asked the question to all my friends. What does it mean to have laundry "finished?"

The term is fairly elusive. And I received several definitions. But the most common answer was; "Finished- to have every piece of dirty clothing washed, dried, folded, and put away in it's respective spot."

In our house the laundry is never truly "finished" by the above definition. Surprise, surprise...haha!

I am feelin good about myself if I have it all washed and in the processing in any of the above steps. Come to think of it maybe that is the source of my frustration with the laundering process. Maybe if I had it all completed I would be a free from the clutches of evil! (Dramatic much)

But even then, the process starts all over again with one soiled piece of laundry. Therefore, never being "finished."

So, to all of you who say, "Yay! Laundry is finished!" you are NOT indeed finished, unless everyone in your household is naked.

That is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment