Monday, October 18, 2010

My boy...




I know I write a lot on here about my son, Dillon. But I have to say he is one amazing person and I just can't get enough of him (and he is who I spend the majority of my time with these days...)

When we are home, my boy is so sweet. I get told how much he loves me at least 15 times a day, who tires of that? I am constantly getting showered with adoring kisses and hugs. We sit together quietly (and Mom occasionally naps) and watch Dora, Diego, and friends. We play games, and read books. He loves me.

Great conversations ensue over our lunch of hot dogs and mac n cheese, then my little sweetness will say he's tired and off to nap time we go. Easy as pie....

THEN, when we step out the front door something happens. Something unexplainable...he turns into a raging maniac, 3 year old toddler! I am not going to be taking him much of anywhere until we can get this straighted out. We enter the public eye and all of the sudden he owns the world and can run into the street anytime he wants, he is invincible, just ask him.

In my eighth month of pregnancy, I am not as spry as I once was 8 months ago, and it is difficult for me to chase after him and I'm sure if any of you have seen us you are dying laughing.

He has no fear, and folks, this is bad. He certainly thinks he can fight off any bad guys that try to take him, just ask him!

When baby (another boy mind you!) gets here is it going to be hard to put down the baby carrier to chase down Mr. Invincible down the aisle...I'm thinking safety harness. Not "leash" as some will affectionately call them...but safety harness.

That is, if we ever leave the house again!

1 comment:

  1. You just have to do what you just have to do! It's his safety you are talking about. Maybe it won't take long until he tires of it (the harness). Love that Dillon!!

    ReplyDelete