Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Batman



Let me tell you about the BEST/WORST $16 I have ever spent.
Last October, I was shopping at one of my favorite stores for the kids, Old Navy. As you know, that time of year is when everyone starts to break out the Halloween costumes. The last few years I have waited too long, like the day before, to get costumes and we haven't been able to find sizes or variety...me procrastinate? Go figure.

Anyway, this year I was on the ball and while I was there I went ahead and found my 3 yr old his costume. It was a fabulous, polyester one piece, Batman suit. I thought I would show it to him, and put it up for safe keeping until Halloween. Boy, was I wrong.

Came home, opened the bag, showed it to him and within 3 minutes the lil punkin had stripped off his clothes to put it on. So it began...
This batman suit was and still is worn almost every day. It is not just any old batman suit, this suit transforms a regular three year old into a Super Hero. He can run, jump, and fly faster when in this suit. This suit makes him invincible. Or so he thinks, much to his mother's dismay. Everyday I cringe, wondering if today is the day he will break his arm jumping off the couch trying to "fly." Or run into the corner of the wall while running, and the list of worries goes on and on.

It is amazing how one article of clothing can bring this much joy and excitement to a child. We now have Batman pj's, a Batman backpack, Batman socks, and a Batman tshirt. He gets to be Batman all the time.
Translation = mom is on the verge of heart attack ALL THE TIME.

I think I'm going to start thinking of my morning coffee as Super Mom serum, that way I can have Super Mom strength to protect my "Super Hero" all day.
What in the world and I going to do when little brother gets old enough to be a Super Hero too?

I need a clone...

2 comments:

  1. Don't we all need clones? Or live-in nannies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a live in nanny. But my luck...I would end up having to clean up after her too!

    ReplyDelete