Thursday, March 10, 2011

Chocolate Toast


Many, many years ago when I was taking French in college as my minor, I was introduced to something heavenly.


Nutella


For those of you who have not heard of Nutella, it is a delicious, creamy, chocolate hazelnut spread. My French professor had us spread it on a baguette for a snack. You would only find it at gourmet shops or in the international aisle if you were so lucky to have one at your grocers.


Recently, there have been TV commercials for this tasty spread. They market it as a breakfast choice, a healthy start to your day when spread on whole wheat toast, and orange juice. I will be the first to admit, I have fallen prey to the gimmick. I thought, "YES! An answer to get my kids to eat toast!" It is no longer exclusive to high end retailers...it is found on the shelf at most stores, this includes, Walmart.


I have pawned this off to my kids as "chocolate toast" and is now a hit with them. Who knew I had such cultured kiddos?


So if you are in need of a quick, and semi-healthy breakfast idea, try out some "chocolate toast."

PS my husband loves it as a bed time snack...its ALMOST like a chocolate chip cookie :)



No comments:

Post a Comment