Thursday, September 2, 2010

Under Siege..isn't that a movie?



Our house is under attack.

And no I don't mean from kids or dust balls or terrorists for that matter. Our house is under attack from CRICKETTS!Black ones, brown ones, dead ones, loud ones, they are everywhere. I hear them in the corners, in the walls, and under the sink. Or maybe I am just going crazy, which is highly possible.

Everyday I wake up to this battle. There is one in every room, I clean it up only for the next day, to wake up to another stinkin' crickett in the same spot. Sometimes, it is not even a whole crickett. Did you know those things can move with only 3 legs...trust me I know! I think it's a conspiracy to take over my house. And I might surrender and let them.

Usually, you crack the bedroom window to go to bed with nature's lullaby far off in the distance, in this case, it's right in our very own bedroom. As the huz and I were settling into bed the other night, I was telling our tale of this loosing battle, and begging, pleading, for a manly solution when I heard it first. I hopped out of bed as fast as my preggo belly would let me and started my hunt. I could hear him taunting me. Was he under my bedside table? NO! Was he under my bed? NO! He was in my sheets!!!! Oh yes, my friends, I died. I made Mitch get out of bed and hunt that sucker down...did not stop my restless night of dreaming endlessly of cricketts taking over my house.

I spent sometime online yesterday planning my battle strategy only to find out there is really no way to get completely rid of them. So my friends, the battle wages on. I with my Dyson and broom...them with their ceaseless crrrrrrrrp, crrrrrrrp and three legged wonder-moves.

I will not back down! We will fight til' the end!!!

2 comments:

  1. you are crazy...and i need a cricket follow-up story, please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm...the battle continues! One attacked Kasey this morning. I am being promised the yard will be sprayed tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete