Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's The Little Things...


I find myself needing to invest in a tape recorder. Maybe if I recorded it each time I said something I'd just have to play it back rather than exasperate myself and repeat it.

Surely my children are tired of hearing my repetitions and requests.

"Please pick up your shoes"
"Move that army man before someone breaks a toe"
"Dirty clothes go in the laundry basket not the floor"

and it goes on and on...this was my day yesterday. Kasey had all day to clean her room before the Cleaning Fairy, aka ME with a garbage bag, cleaned it for her. (By the way Cleaning Fairy showed up in all her glory at 11:30 last night)

I was up to my ears in getting kids to pick up after themselves, and I noticed late yesterday afternoon that my sweet daughter changed the toilet paper roll herself. I melted! She even threw the old one away, I couldn't believe it. I didn't even have to remind her! Miracles really do happen.

It is the little things like that simple task of refiling the toilet paper roll that make me feel like I am not a complete failure.

Thank you dear ones for listening...

No comments:

Post a Comment