Sunday, August 8, 2010

Naming Baby #3

Hello friends! Sorry it has been so long, but our computer we have had since college graduation has finally kicked the can. My poor huz has been going through withdrawls from eBay.

I think we have the problem resolved by purchase of a new computer, of which, I have no idea because he tends to make LARGE purchases without me....hmmm, I wonder why?

Back to the reason for this posting, Baby #3. We have been blessed by adding a sweet addition to our family this fall, and more recently found out it's going to be another bouncing baby boy! This is great and wonderful, except I had convinced myself it was going to be a baby girl, and all the names I loved were girl names.

Who doesn't want a Juliet, Sophie, or Daphne? Now we, meaning I, have had to completely change our train of thought on names for this little guy. It would be easier if the huz and I ever agreed on boy names.

Here's his list:
1. Derrrick
2. Jeter
3. Michael
4. Jordan
5. Mickey
6. Lou
7. Barry
8. Landry
9. Payton
10. Bo
11. Jackson
Are you seeing a trend here? Come on, really?!

So we do what all self respecting parents do...we ask the other two children what they want to name the baby. Here is Kasey's list:
1. Zach
2. Cody
3. Martin
(psst all names from Suite Life of Zach and Cody...) umm, no thanks babe, I think we'll pass, but THANKS!

Dillon on the other hand was completely original in wanting to name his baby brother Stedee (like Dede) Raceman!
Stedee Raceman, I wonder how that would work in school? But creative nonetheless.

Naming a child is such a difficult thing, because its not a child, you are naming a future adult who has to endure many years of name he/she didn't select.

Well, wish us luck as we continue to plow through every name book published, and I attempt to steer the huz away from the sports world :)

3 comments:

  1. hahaha had to see if I had changed it correctly to add comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you you should name him Alejandro, but not Roberto, or Fernando!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute...Trey's list was made up of sports names too. But you do have to think about how they will sound being called over the loud-speaker when they run out on the field! :) LOL I have some names for you, if you are interested...text me! :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete