Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Nature vs Nurture



When I was growing up I was a master at Barbie and baby dolls. Of course not on my own...I owe all my training to my cousin Jennifer. Living out in the country with no neighbors around and only a little brother to play with I didn't know much. But when Jenn and Dave (all other sibs...you weren't around just yet)moved to town I was enlightened by her Barbie Dream House and Barbie Peaches N' Cream. She showed me the ropes and we could make Barbie furniture out of any old household item.

Shoe box with washrag = Barbie's bed

Little white pizza slice holder from Pizza Hut = quaint little table

And baby dolls...they did everything with me. We drug those dolls around everywhere and were the best little mommas.

Today, as it is the second day without my girl here, I was spending playtime with Dillon. Dill is a man's man through and through. Zero interest in dolls or Barbies! I was stuck on the floor with the car mat trying to fake my way through race car sounds and a chuggin train...he was not fooled.

As quickly as I could start my train off, he would grab it from me and say "No, Momma this way!"

I'm thinking I should have spent more time with Dave blowin' up the GI-Joes! Maybe I could talk Dillon into breaking out Kasey's Barbies...on second thought I better not.

But believe me, I will master the car sounds...it will not be pretty and could get a little ugly, but with another little guy on the way this Mommas got to be on her game.

Well, it is nap time for Dillon and practice time for me...VROOOOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment