Monday, August 23, 2010

Kindergarten...


The day you find out you are pregnant, you think about this day.

The day your child starts walking, you think, she/he will be walking into school one day.

The day your child starts to talk, you know they will be answering in a classroom soon.

Then, all too soon, that fateful day arrives. Mine, was today. (tear...)

Kasey, my beautiful, smart, and creative little girl went to her first day of kindergarten. We went and bought all the much anticipated school supplies (see previous post...grrrr), bought a special outfit that she picked out all by herself, and packed a special lunch for school. She woke up so excited, not nervous, but excited for her new experience. She bravely walked into school with me trailing behind, camera in hand quickly snapping away the few precious moments left.

We got into the classroom and she stored her backpack in her own little cubby, and the jitters began. Ms. Wall, her teacher, asked her her name...one glance at me and she was attached to my leg afraid to let go.

I thought "Who is this kid?"

But I knelt down next to her, looked her in the eyes, grabbed her palm and kissed it. I told her, "Whenever you start to miss me, remember my kiss and hold it close, you will have a super day!" And with my brave face on, walked out of the classroom with a quick wave.

The house has been so quiet here this morning without her here. Dillon doesn't quite know what to think yet, he told me, "Are we going to leave her there?" He will be excited to pick her up!

Good luck you all you families out there starting new adventures today...we all know what it's like to start something new.

Be Brave!

1 comment: