Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Tooth Fairy



Yesterday was a very exciting day for my girl. It was truly a milestone!

I picked Kasey promptly up at 3pm, by the way, I am so glad to see the pick up lane get organized, it was a nightmare on Monday...back to my story.
I picked her up and proceed to bombard her with questions about her day...

Did you have a good day?

Did you say the Pledge of Allegiance?

Did you get to go to gym today?

Did you eat all your lunch?

To this she replied yes, with a grin that I just happen to catch out of my rear view mirror. I slammed on the brakes and exclaimed "KASEY! You lost your first tooth!!" She calmly replies "Oh, yeah."

I almost died and wrecked the car right there....she wasn't even going to tell me about it.

Apparently, she just pulled it out in the middle of class and was walked down to the nurses office. What? No phone call to mom to tell her this occasion? No note sent home? I can't believe it.

I was excited;y talking up the Tooth Fairy, never have I been so excited to give away $$$, to my dismay, she didn't want the Tooth Fairy to come OR call and tell anyone.

We had a long talk about the Tooth Fairy...I had to get the story straight because she wanted the facts, man.

How does she get in?
Where does she live?
What does she do with all the teeth?
Where does she get the $?

Kasey is very observant...so I left the rest of the duties to dad as I ran off to my bible study. I came home to find the tooth still on the table...

Daddy called and postponed the appointment. The Tooth Fairy will be visiting this evening rather than last..she's not scared today.

That's my negotiator!

No comments:

Post a Comment