Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sibling Rivalry?


I'm sure I have a distorted view of my childhood growing up...and I'm sure I will be corrected if I am wrong.

But I remember fighting with my little brother quite a bit, and over everything. And then when my little sister came along 8 years later, I remember fighting with her quite a bit as well. It was over different things like not wanting to play dress up and Barbie's at 16. And well for the twins...I was to old to argue with them, it was more with mom over babysitting.

We were never what you considered "close-knit." Oh sure, we took the required baths together, and played along nicely as well. And in our later years have become closer. But my own children are throwing me for a complete loop.

Yesterday afternoon, my daughter was getting a lecture about not "obeying the first time," and my sweet lil punkin Dillon stomps right up to me and says, "Momma, you be nice to my sissy." And believe me, he was NOT kidding. He was about to give me a lashing right there. He then went and gave her a big ole hug. I tried explaining that I was the mom and therefore didn't have to be nice, it was my job to correct...but I think I got two words in and he walked off.

Today, again, we picked up Kasey from school and the first thing out of his mouth was "I love you, Kasey." It was the sweetest gesture.

I am trying to decided if it is better this way or worse. I may soon have a mutiny on my hands if this keeps up!

Only time will tell if this will stick, also let's not forget the addition of the NEW little brother...thick as thieves they say.

Until next time, how was your sibling rivalry?

1 comment:

  1. I, like you, wasn't too close to my brother, but I hope my children are close like you talk about K+D...It would be nice!

    ReplyDelete